Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Amber's News 2/21/2011

This week our missionaries were asked the question of how they decided to go on a mission:
Hmm how did I decide to go on the mission. Really there were a lot of things that helped me go. Because u know how scared I was to leave. First I was having a really hard time being moved out with roommates and all. Second I felt like what I was doing in school wasn't right. I wasn't where I needed to be. We went to California on vacation and listen to a bunch of church CD's during the drive that really helped me out. Then we went to the Oqurr Mountain temple open house and that is what got me thinking about the mission especially when when were leaving and Amy asked me a question and I didn't really know how to respond. Well u know I was listening to Jim Rhon right. He said a quote that really hit me a lot. He said that "discipline weighs ounces and regret weighs pounds." In thinking about the mission, I did not want to have this regret all my life of not going. Cuz I knew in going I would be a better person a better wife and a better mom. But at the same time I had all this fear and I didn't really want to go. So I had to become humble and put all my fears and what I wanted to the side. And I really started to search the scriptures and really pray to know if I should go or not. When I received my answer it was just like it says in Alma 32:28 that you feel good, like an expanding in your soul and it feels like that for your mind also. I received that feeling. And I did not have any more fear and I was really excited to go. So that was how I received my answer. I really, really wanted to know but first I had to humble myself. I have found that, that is the same for people here in the mission field that we are teaching. They really have to have the desire to know. Before they receive their answer. Also they have to be humble. Actually I was learning the other day that before the first principles of the gospel can grow, with in a person. That person has to be humble. It was really interesting.
We are still working with brian and he loves the chruch and is progressing for his baptizm.
Love,
your Chilean Daughter Sister Moss

No comments:

Post a Comment