Friday, May 13, 2011

Amber's News 5/9/2011

We were able to talk to Amber on mothers day she sounded so good. Before she left she told me " I will get to call you for mothers day and then 2 months later I will be home. It is hard to believe that we have reached that point!
On Monday she wrote:
I went to a funeral Friday and all of the people were so sad. Before we got there I was all happy and then we walked in and I just felt sad because that is how the atmosphere was. Most of the people weren't members and we sang for them and then the councilor to President May gave a talk about the plan of salvation. One thing that I really liked that he said was, when we are born here in this life we are "dead" in the life before. Because we are not there anymore. But here on the earth we are also happy when a child is born it is the same when we pass on from this life in the next life they are just as happy for us to be there. I really liked what he said. To live is to die and to die is to live. Between the time that we sang and he gave his talk the feeling that was in the room of sadness and loneliness left and I felt a peace and a calm. It was very different from before. I don't know that the other people could recognize the difference. On the mission I have been able to develop, where I can feel it and know what it is. It is very interesting even in lessons I can tell what parts it is there, or not because sometimes it comes and goes depending on what you are teaching and how you teaching it.

I forgot to tell u all yesterday about Catherine oh she is awesome the first time that we taught her after she had told us that when we sang and prayed she got the shivers and felt something different. We invited her to pray and when we came back she said that she had felt and warmth in her chest. Oh that is my favorite thing I get to hear on the mission when people have felt what I have felt.
Love,
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment