Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Amber's News 1/14/2010

Hola familia,
Well things here are going well again. Spanish is slowly coming i can sometimes understand my teacher but other times i have a hard time it just depends on the day really. Last friday i had a really hard time with it, but just pray for me to learn the language i'm working on learning but having no previous language experience its pretty confusing. My hermanas are really good at helping me. Hermana jensen is fluent in french which is a lot harder than spanish so she picks it up pretty well. Oh sunday was the best day ever! We listend to the music and the spoken word and then guess who came to teach us for relief society! Sister DALTON! It was so awesome to have her come talk to us. My favorite thing she said was that "it is a blessing to be out of your comfort zone." which is so true because that is what really makes you learn and grow. Then on tuesday night Elder Tom L Perry came and talked about bascally the first lesson. And he talked about how the world has lost its way and has no standards so we need to teach everyone. When he was talking about the world i thought man i really dont want to go back out into the world its EVIL. I want to teach but i dont want to come home. It was a really good talk. Hey tell everyone from the moss clan i said hello and tell brandi thanks for the letter and i will write her back today. Basicallly my favorite days are sundays and tuesdays because we have amazing people come talk to us. When sister dalton talked to us i was sittting there and wanted to be just like her she is amazing.
Its weird how its only been two weeks ha ha the days are so long one day feels like a week and a week feels like a day. People told me that before i came and i never understood it till now. I love personal study it my favorite time of the day. Im reading el libro de mormon. Its awesome ah i love the spirit that i get from reading. We taught our investigator on tuesday and we had prepared for the first lesson but he wanted the second lesson so we taught that even though we hadn't practeced it ha ha it was an old man so he asked alll of these deep questions about the plan that no real investigator will probably ever ask. But it was still fun and we did well. I forgot to tell you how crazy spanish is we are supposed to be speaking spanglish now but by week four we go all spanish. All of the lessons we teach will be in spanish nuts huh! so you dont really learn it in 2 months its like a month. One elder took 3 years of spanish in high school and he said the first day he was learning new things. Mom you came to the mtc oh thats so fun i cant believe we were so close but i was probably locked in my class room. When cody said he was in a class room for 16 he didnt lie. ok minus food times and gym its probalbly 12 hours in the class room. But its good my hermans have a hard time with it but i keep them focused they said without me they for sure wouldnt get as much done. Well i have to email cody i love you all. If you send me dear elders i will have more time to emial. cuz reading emails takes time. Good to hear from yall love ya. Hermana moss

1 comment:

  1. I just talked to your mom yesterday and she gave me your blog address. It is fun to read about your experiences to date. It sounds like you have the right attitude and I know you have the spirit with you so will continue to learn the language as the spirit directs you. I have been told by other missionaries that they love having the visiting brothers and sisters and the talks they get to hear.

    ReplyDelete